Following on from the success of our inaugural Demo Weekend at Glentress in 2012, we are pleased to announce two massive Demo Weekends to take place in 2013! Glentress in the Tweed Valley and Nevis Range, Fort William, will play host to over 200 bikes from some of the world's leading mountain bike brands. You'll be able to test out their bikes and put them through their paces on some of the best trails in the country. Best of all it's completely free!
Along with testing bikes we also have some exclusive offers on during the weekend:
- Get 15% off all bikes or framesets purchased or ordered during the weekend*
- Get 20% off any Osprey or Hope products purchased or ordered during the weekend*
- Enter our FREE prize draw to win a pair of Hope pedals worth £120!
We will have over 200 bikes available on the day which is too many to list here, but to give you an idea we hope to have the following available to test. More bikes being added every day as we get the info through. Here's what we have so far:
- Yeti: SB-66, SB-95, ASR-5, 575, Big Top
- Whyte: 146s, 146-Works, T-129s, M109, 729, 29C
- Orange: Five, Five 29, Gyro, Alpine 160, Patriot, Clockwork S
- Santa Cruz: Tallboy, Tallboy LTc, Highball, Heckler, Blur LT, Superlight, Nomad
- Trek: Fuel EX, Lush WSD, Remedy, Slash, Superfly, Superfly 100, Rumblefish, Stache
- Cannondale: Trail SL 29, Trigger, Jekyll (unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances we will only have limited sizes in Cannondale bikes)
- Genesis: Grapil, Mantle, Fortitude, High Lattitude, Core 120
Watch this space for further news that we will be announcing in the run up to what promises to be one of the biggest bike demo's in the UK! So come along and have a go on some of the best bikes on the market today!
TRAIL UPDATE, 9th April: As many regular visitors to Glentress will know, most of the trails have been covered in deep snow for the past few weeks. The good news is that it is now melting and the lower level trails which we intend to use during the weekend are now clear of snow and ice. Weather forecast for the next week looks good, and is due to warm up to nearer normal temperatures for the time of year. We will update this page with information in the run up to the demo weekend. At the moment we fully intend to go-ahead with a fantastic weekend of bike riding!
Demo Weekends FAQ:
- All participants have to register in-store (Glentress Peel Hire Centre and Nevis Range Hire Centre) on the day of the demo and sign up to our standard bike hire terms and conditions. If you want to ride on both days or at both venues please note you have to sign up separately each day.
- U-18's are welcome to test ride bikes, but a parent or guardian must sign up to our terms and conditions of hire, and accompany them when riding.
- Please bring a form of photo ID (passport or drivers licence) and a credit or debit card as a form of security. No ID or security, No ride!
- Once registered riders will then be issued with a numbered wrist band giving access to the demo bikes.
- All bikes are available on a first come, first served basis. We aren't taking reservations for any bikes.
- You can ride as many bikes as you wish during the day.
- All bikes will have flat pedals available. Some will also be available with Shimano style SPD's. You are welcome to bring along your own pedals if you wish.
- All riders are encouraged to wear a helmet. We will have a limited number available on the day.
- Riders will be responsible for any damage to the bikes whilst in their possession as per the terms and conditions of hire.
- A full copy of our hire terms and conditions is available on request.
If you require futher information please contact our Glentress store for further details.
* Discounts applicable to Outdoor Experience Card holders only. To find out more about Outdoor Experience Cards and how to get one, please click here.